What are my options if my wife just left me and took out 14 year old with her?

UPDATED: Jan 5, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 5, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my options if my wife just left me and took out 14 year old with her?

I came home from work and my wife left me a note saying that she left. I texted and kept trying to get in touch with her. For a while I got no reply, then she finally texted back saying she wasn’t coming back and if I wanted to be with her she told me I had to come and live where she is. She took my 14 year old daughter with her to another state. Our son is living with my wife’s friend and her family. We decided earlier to let him live there because he was getting in trouble here at home. However, she expects me to just pick up and move at this moment. I have job and the land that my parents left to me (it is in my name). The only thing that’s in both of our name’s is the mobile home I live in. What are my options legally?

Asked on January 5, 2014 under Family Law, Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need to consult with a family law attorney in order to establish child custody, visitation and support issues in addition to property matters assuming you and your spouse no longer wish to remain with each other. Such an attorney in your locality can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption