What to do if my son’s wife is denying him rights to their unborn child because he doesn’t do what she says?

UPDATED: Jan 5, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 5, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my son’s wife is denying him rights to their unborn child because he doesn’t do what she says?

She’s full of rage and anger.She starts fights just to fight, both mentally and physically. She leaves and comes back over and over again. She’s mad cause he smokes. However she smokes too. Has not even quit and she’s pregnant. She’s staying at her parents last few weeks and has denied him well baby doctor visits. Swears she will make him pay dearly to prove he’s the baby’s father before he will ever see it. And that she will be a breast feeding mother and no court will take a baby from a beast feeding mother to allow daddy visits. Can she really do this? They are married. This is his baby. What does he do?

Asked on January 5, 2014 under Family Law, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

So long as they are married and living together the wife cannot deny your son rights to his child. Likewise after the child's birth, only a court order can deny visiting rights as well as custody rights in the event of a legal separation. I suggest that your son and his wife consult with a marriage counselor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption