If my husband and I have lived apart for a couple of years, dies he have the right to remove me from his health insurance plan?

UPDATED: Jan 7, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my husband and I have lived apart for a couple of years, dies he have the right to remove me from his health insurance plan?

We have twins and he pays me no child support. We are still legally married; no divorce paperwork heaver been filed. He removed me from his health insurance and car insurance today. Is that proper or legal?

Asked on January 7, 2014 under Family Law, Maryland


Jason Ostendorf / Law Ofice of Jason Ostendorf

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It sounds as if there may be a variety of complex issues concerning your financial interests in the insurance investment, alimony and child support.  Given the multiple financial affairs, you should immediately consult with an attorney who has experience in handling high asset divorce cases.

John Smitten / Carey and Leisure

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you have been separated for 2 years he is not required to keep you on the insurance forever, unless ordered to do so in the form of alimony.  Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption