devorced 1 yr two kids ages 4 & 5. 50/50 split ex wife is moving again.

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 14, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

devorced 1 yr two kids ages 4 & 5. 50/50 split ex wife is moving again.

My ex wife is moving again. we share the two kids 50/50. I do not want the kids bunching around schools. how can i get the kids to go to school in my town.

Asked on June 14, 2009 under Family Law, Maine


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to call your atty that helped you with the divorce and make a motion to prohibit your ex from taking them to new schools.  the court is going to do whatever is in the childrens' best interests here.  You need to be prepared to make an argument as to why the kids are better off with you and keeping them in the town that you are in.  Again, I suggest hiring a lawyer to help you with this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption