1st time offender of anything.My 21 year old is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child.

UPDATED: May 16, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 16, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

1st time offender of anything.My 21 year old is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child.

My son bought a minor (aquantance) alcohol at their request.What will his fine or punishment be?

Asked on May 16, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

For a 1st. degree misdemeanor, under Florida law, the penalties are a fine up to $1,000 and up to 1 year in jail.

Since this his first offense that will factor favorably into his sentence if he is found guilty.  You need to speak with a criminal defense attorney that is familiar with the people at the prosecutor's office where all of this happened.  He/she will hopefully be able to get some kind of alternative sentence for your son.  This way he might be able to keep his criminal record clear.  He's only 21 and doesn't need to be saddled with a conviction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption