When fighting a DUI charge, will my previous record be brought up?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

When fighting a DUI charge, will my previous record be brought up?

Asked on September 3, 2013 under Criminal Law, Minnesota


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. In certain circumstances, a prior record will be considered.  Sometimes, one's prior record may 'enhance' (escalate) the criminal charge or charges.  A prior record may be considered in other dimensions of the case, and, in one's ultimate sentencing phase (meaning, probation, for instance). The answer is 'it depends'.  Please contact a private attorney licensed in the state in which you face charges.  I am licensed in Minnesota and you are welcome to phone me.  Important changes in DWI-DUI law are occurring right now and it is critically important that you have good legal representation. All the best.


Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666







IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption