What should she do with the money?

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What should she do with the money?

In the event of a divorce a couple has the house/land appraised. The husband pays the wife 90K for her half. What is the best thing to do to keep from the wife being taxed on the 90K at the year end. That is a lot of money and she may not be ready to sink it in a new home or land until she feels more stable. What should she do with the money?

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Family Law, Alabama


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You cannot get that type of advice here. We do not represent you as your counsel and financial advisor and giving such advice without direct consultation with you would be tantamount to malpractice and disbarment, especially if you relied on the advice.

You need to hire a divorce attorney or financial accountant/advisor to help you -- try www.attorneypages.com for a lawyer in your state and check his or her record at the Alabama State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption