What help is available for a 13 year old with mental illness who “may” have sexually assaulted his 4 year old sister?

UPDATED: Jul 30, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 30, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What help is available for a 13 year old with mental illness who “may” have sexually assaulted his 4 year old sister?

I have a friend whose 13 year old son, diagnosed with ADHD, and possibly Asperger’s was found in the room with his 4 year old sister. He was naked with an erection. She was on the other side of the room fully clothed. it was reported to CPS and they turned the case over to the police. The 4 year old was interviewed but they couldn’t understand her speech. They have scheduled a physical exam of the 4 yr old on the 1st. They case workers have been telling the mom that even if there was no physical evidence the boy may never be returned home. What can the mom do?

Asked on July 30, 2012 under Criminal Law, Wisconsin


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that the mother consult with an attorney experienced in the area of the law with the placement of conservators as well as health care law to assist in the matter you have written about. Contacting the local department of social services as to health care alternatives for the thirteen (13) year old boy is another option.

The other option is for the mother to consult with the boy's doctor to see what medical help is available for the child.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption