What further action do I need to take to insure the safety of my children after threats have been made to them?

UPDATED: Dec 26, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 26, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What further action do I need to take to insure the safety of my children after threats have been made to them?

There was an EPO placed on an individual from myself, my husband, and our 2 minor children. This individual has broken the EPO and threatened me and my children in writing. I have turned all of this information to the police but no actions have been taken. Where do I need to go from here to insure the safety of my children?

Asked on December 26, 2011 under Criminal Law, Oklahoma


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I presume the term "EPO" means emergency protective order? If so and the person against whom the order was issued has broken it but law enforcement has done nothing about it to your satisfaction, I suggest that you immediately contact the district attorney's office in your county about its violation and have a face to face meeting with the investigator who most likely will meet with you about it.

In the alternative, I suggest that you consult with an attorney who has experience in dealing with protective orders, most likely a family law attorney to assist you and your family with the violation of the protective order that you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption