What can happen ifIdo business without a license?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can happen ifIdo business without a license?

I started a bussenes to do HVAC work. Now I realize that I have to have a state mechanical license to do this type of work. What should I do?

Asked on January 28, 2012 under Business Law, Michigan


Shawn Jackson / The Jackson Law Firm, P.C.

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You are subject to a variety of penalties and issues. So, you will want to obtain the license ASAP. Depending upon the type and extent of work you have already provided, it would be wise to speak to an attorney.

By Grace...

Shawn Jackson ESQ. (707) 584-4529 

Business Development Attorney EMAIL: Attorneys@CaliforniaBusinessDevelopment.com







            No communication resulting herein shall create an attorney-client relationship unless a separate retainer agreement is signed by attorney and client. The information provided neither is  legal advice nor is it conveyed in the course of an attorney-client relationship, but is intended merely as a general overview with regard to the subject matter covered. You should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel such as any attorney in this office in a subsequent email communication (agreement) and the formation of an attorney client relationship.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption