no police report, other driver threatening me

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

no police report, other driver threatening me

i rear ended her, very minor damages, she decided to take my info and call me
with the repair bill, now she is threatening me , can she sue me or call my
insurance now after the fact with no police report?

Asked on April 19, 2019 under Accident Law, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

The other driver can file a property damage claim with your insurance carrier for the cost of repairs to her vehicle without a police report. She can also file a personal injury claim, if injured ,without a police report..
If the case is settled with your insurance company, NO lawsuit is filed. 
If the case is NOT settled with your insurance company, you can be sued for negligence. Your insurance company will provide you with an attorney at no cost to you.
Don't worry about a lawsuit because these cases are usually settled with the at-fault party's insurance company without a lawsuit being filed. Also, it could be years before a lawsuit is filed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption