What to do if an interlock device registered a failed test from a few sips of kombucha tea?

UPDATED: Nov 9, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if an interlock device registered a failed test from a few sips of kombucha tea?

I was driving my mom’s car to school last night and took a few sips of Kombucha tea. The interlock issued a reading. I was naive enough on the subject to not know the amount of alcohol present in the few sips I took would give me a fail. I rinsed my mouth out with water and took the test again immediately afterwards and was fine. I’m curious what kind of trouble my mom could be in for one failed test (but the test afterwards was a pass) all because of my bad judgement?

Asked on November 9, 2011 under Criminal Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you were the one who triggered a negative reading on a vehicle with an interlock device as a result of drinking kombucha tea as you have written and it was not your mother, you need to contact the company who is in charge of the monitoring of the device as to what you did in order to keep your mother out of trouble as to her terms of probation.

If your mother had a criminal defense attorney representing her previously resulting in the interlock device being attached to the vehicle, I would call him or her about what happened and see what can be done about the read. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption