What to do if I was hurt in an auto accident but have since been released from accident care facility that was responsible for my rehab?

UPDATED: Sep 18, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was hurt in an auto accident but have since been released from accident care facility that was responsible for my rehab?

Now the insurance company wants me to sign something that says that even if problems come back up because of the accident that they aren’t responsible. They made it sound like that I had to sign the paper to get the money to pay for my doctor bills.

Asked on September 18, 2013 under Personal Injury, Oklahoma


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. I suggest that you ought to confer privately with an attorney licensed in your state prior to signing any such form or document. The sort of attorney you should seek is an attorney knowledgeable in the areas of insurance law and personal injury. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily





Terence Fenelon / Law Offices of Terence Fenelon

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

My only answer would be to contact a peronal injury attorney for a case evaluation.  Have all medical bills, evaluations, doctors reports, accident reports, as well as prognosis available for the attorney.

Most personal injury attorneys will grant you a free consultation and evaluation.  You might have a claim for present, as well as future damages.  I have no was of knowing.


Get a professional legal opinion.  If you sign a waiver, you are giving up many or your current and possible future rights to recover.  Get legal assistance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption