What are my rights regarding a change of visitation?

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights regarding a change of visitation?

I have full physical custody of my daughter. On my ex-wife’s mid week visit is picking up my daughter picking her up and leaving for school less than an hour later and coming home at 10:30. So, essentially she visiting about an hour and a half. Then she leaves my daughter with her boyfriend’s mother. Can I just tell her “unless you are going to visit, skip this midweek day”. The fact is that I too am losing that day to visit with her.

Asked on September 19, 2012 under Family Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country, if there is a set visitation on file with respect to a matter the terms and conditions of the order control as to dates and times for pick up unless the parents of the minor agreement to change the terms. As such, you need to carefully read the presumed custody and visitation order as to your children since its terms control the issues set forth in your question.

The answer to your question lies with the custody/visitation order you have written about. Read it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption