What to do if I had my property surveyed and found that the neighbor’s hedge is encroaching?

UPDATED: Jul 1, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 1, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I had my property surveyed and found that the neighbor’s hedge is encroaching?

I removed the hedge today and all hell is breaking loose. I’ve advised them for the last 2 weeks. They asked if they could leave the one hedge and I said yes but they would need to move it to their side of the property line. I pulled out the hedge planted on my side and put it on there side in a pile, do they have a leg to stand on? They planted in on my side, ran all sorts of watering lines and still asked if they could leave it to which I effectively said no.

Asked on July 1, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Florida


david slater / david p.slater, esq.

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

They had no right to plant on your property.  It is a trespass.  You may have lost your land, if you had just left it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption