If I got a citation for an MIC but they never breathalyzed me, can I get out of this?

UPDATED: Feb 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I got a citation for an MIC but they never breathalyzed me, can I get out of this?

I just told them I had a few beers. It is worth getting a lawyer or is there anything I can say in court?

Asked on February 16, 2012 under Criminal Law, Kansas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Although you never had any actual tests to support the "MIC" charge against you by law enforcement, you did make an admission of having a few beers which in and of itself can be enough to convict you of the charge that you are presently facing.

Given the circumstances that you have written about, I recommend that you consult with a criminal defense attorney about the current criminal charge you have written about. Representing yourself in court from what you have written does not seem to be a wise idea.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption