UPDATED: May 14, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 14, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption


It has been almost a year since I have been home. My wife has sold almost everything, and not paid mortgage/cars in 3 months. I need to divorce without seeing her again. No minor children involved.

Asked on May 14, 2009 under Family Law, South Carolina


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to call a divorce attorney in South Carolina and go over everything with that individual.  Do not attempt to do this alone, because depending on your state's laws, some of the money you earned may not be marital property or a marital asset, same with her.  Further, depending the house and car notes and how title is held and whose names are on the loans, please consider that some of the debts may be entirely yours or hers.

Your divorce attorney will know how to make this quick and as painless as possible, how to divide property and what motions to bring to the court if needed to obtain any assets your wife took that should be half or partially yours or even entirely yours.

Try www.attorneypages.com and then check his or record at the South Carolina State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption