How do I deal with a case filed against me ASSAULT CAUSES BODILY INJURY FAMILY VIOLENCE

UPDATED: Apr 16, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I deal with a case filed against me ASSAULT CAUSES BODILY INJURY FAMILY VIOLENCE

Case filed on 11-05-08. Info about case states 10/18/08-ASSAULT CAUSES BODILY INJURY FAMILY VIOLENCE. Case filed by ex-wife in Brazos county TX. I lived there til 10-27-08. I move to Yorkville IL, Kendall county.

Asked on April 16, 2009 under Criminal Law, Illinois


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Case may have stemmed from your ex wife but the state is the one who charges you and prosecutes you.  Sounds like this was a police report. Have you been arrested? Have you been charged? Do you have a warrant for your arrest? Were you issued a ticket?

Have you considered consulting with an attorney in your state? Try, the state bar, the county bar associations, or if you were charged, the public defenders.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption