How can I get a mortgage company to remove their trailor from my property?

UPDATED: Aug 28, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I get a mortgage company to remove their trailor from my property?

I was paying on a mobile home and was unable to continue paying. The finance company has put new locks on the doors so I can no longer live there. It is on my land and I want it removed immediately so I can move another one in the exact spot. What are my legal rights?

Asked on August 28, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you no longer own the mobile home that is on your property then your option is to write the owner sttaing that the item needs to be removed by a certain date or that from then on "rent" will be so much per month.

Keep a copy of the letter for future use and need. If the unit is not removed by the demanded date, your option is to serve a thirty (30) day notice to vacate and begin the eviction process against the owner of the mobile home much like any other landlord.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption