Getting a new license in a different state

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Getting a new license in a different state

I was issued a DUI in Colorado and my revocation
ends feb. 19th, CO says I need to submit all these
forms and complete an alcohol evaluation. Do I need
to do all of this to allow myself to get a license in
Oregon. Or is there a chance that my license will
show up in national data base as being done with
revocation on the 19th of February and I will be able
to allly for one in Oregon?

Asked on January 25, 2017 under Criminal Law, Oregon


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

No, you can't. The fact is that most states share information about license revocations/suspensions as part an interstate compact (i.e. an agreement between the states). Therefore, if you apply for a license in another state, your the revocation will likely be found since this information will be contained in the national database.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption