Doesthe spouse who has visitationhave to givetheir ex-spousethe address of where the kids will be staying when in their care?

UPDATED: Aug 1, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 1, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Doesthe spouse who has visitationhave to givetheir ex-spousethe address of where the kids will be staying when in their care?

My ex-husband wont tell me where my kids will be on the weekends that he has them. Do I have to give them to him or not? I don’t like not knowing where they are at.

Asked on August 1, 2011 Washington


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Well unfortunately you can not deny your ex spouse his right to visitation with the children based upon his failure to give you this information. I am assuming that you have an agreement as to same, correct? Violating the agreement can get you in to deep, deep trouble and possibly land you in jail (you would probably be in contempt of th4e court order on visitation).  However, I agree that you have every right to know where your children are and that issue needs to be addressed formally.  You may need to ask the court to modify the agreement or clarify the agreement asto the matter.  You may want to speak with an attorney on the matter.  Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption