Dobwe have a case

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Dobwe have a case

My husband had his teeth pulled last
year and bought dentures shortly after
he got an infection in his upper right
section ..the dentist just kept
prescribing amoxicillian and that was
it .. we went to a different dentist
and he said it was very clear that his
nasal cavity was open and connected to
his mouth and they should have seen
that when his teeth were we
are looking at another surgery to
remove the infection and sew the
opening which is more and now he will
miss even more time off of work to have
it done. Do we have a case to make them
pay his surgery and time he misses from

Asked on February 28, 2017 under Malpractice Law, Indiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If, as you indicate, the first dentist should have spotted this and done something--i.e. any "reasonable" dentist treating your husband would have spotted the problem--then the failure to do so may well be malpractice, which would provide a basis to sue for lost income, additional medical costs, possibly some amount for pain and suffering. Malpractice cases can, however, be expensive and complicated to bring--among other things, you need to hire a medical (i.e. dental) expert, like another dentist, to write a report and testify, which can be pricey--so it's not always the case that it is economically worthwhile to bring a malpractice case. Since many malpractice attorneys provide a free initial consultation to evaluate a case (you can and should ask about this before making an appointment), you should consult with a malpractice attorney to see if your case is economically viable.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption