Divorce in michigan

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Divorce in michigan

I want to know about divorce in
michigan. My husband has been
unfaithful. I have proof of that. I
can’t really afford a lawyer as I won’t
even be able to afford all of the
household bills alone. But I want to
file and I want him to leave now. He
isn’t wanting to leave. How do i go
about getting him out of my home. The
home is in my name alone, he’s listed
as a person living here on my lease but
my name is the only one on the mortgage
and such I own a manufactured home.

Asked on June 27, 2016 under Family Law, Michigan


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

There are agencies/groups that provide free legal assistance to individual who qualify. Legal Aid is one such service. Also, can check to see whether or not there is a law school in your area; they run free/low cost clinics that handle divorce cases. Additionally, you can contact your state/county/city bar association to see if they have a list of lawyers who will take your case for free or at least for a reduced fee. Further, you can check for women's support groups online and see if one can provide a list of lawyers who can help you. Finally, you can contact the Department of Social Services in your area to see if it can refer you to free legal services.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption