Company took my money and did not get the product

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Company took my money and did not get the product

This is concerning Gas Mart Oil Company located in Dunbar, PA. Owner was taking
orders for summer sale of prepaid fuel oil. I gave him a check on 8/20/16 for
472.50 and he hasn’t delivered my oil. Tried calling the number and it’s been
disconnected. He has done this to five others that I know of. I have been
getting oil from this company for over 30 years. What can I do?

Asked on January 3, 2017 under Business Law, Pennsylvania


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Filing a complaint with the PA Attorney General is a good way to proceed with this matter.
Another alternative is to sue the company for breach of contract in small claims court.  Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) would be the amount you pre-paid for the oil.  Upon prevailing in the case, you can also recover court costs which would include the court filing fee and process server fee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption