CanI request copies of an adjuster’s report?

UPDATED: Jul 28, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 28, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

CanI request copies of an adjuster’s report?

Wind damage to roof.

Asked on July 28, 2011 Pennsylvania


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Absolutely.  I am assuming here that there was damage to YOUR roof and that you made a claim to your insurance company and they sent out an independent adjuster to look at the claim and issued a report.  That report was given to a claims adjuster and it is part of you claim.  You have a right to a copy.  How else can you dispute it if need be without seeing a copy?  And make sure that when you get it the summary of what happened and the dimensions of the roof, etc., are all correct.  It will be what your compensation is based upon.  If they refuse to give you a copy call the Department of Insurance in your state and file a complaint. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption