Can I get a citation for underage consumption/possession of a malt beverage dropped?

UPDATED: Jan 10, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I get a citation for underage consumption/possession of a malt beverage dropped?

I was recently convicted with underage consumption/ possession of a malt beverage. I have never been in any legal trouble before, not even a speeding ticket. Is there anyway I can get the citation dropped? And will it remain on my record?

Asked on January 10, 2012 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you have been charged with a criminal action with the underage consumption of alcohol and possession of a malt beverage, I recommend that you retain a criminal defense attorney to assist you in defending the action.

The way to possibly get the charge or charges dropped would be for you to enter into a plea agreement with the court for "court probation." If the court grants you such a type of probation and you satisfy its terms for a set period of time, as a result, the charge or charges that you have written about would be dropped.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption