16 year old charged armed robbery using a play gun

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 10, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

16 year old charged armed robbery using a play gun

16 year old charge as an adult using a play gun to rob the delivery guy for pizza. Could they send him to adult prison and for how long?

Asked on June 10, 2009 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


Bobby G. Frederick / Frederick Defense Firm

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

He/she can be charged as an adult.  Armed robbery carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years and the maximum is 30 years.  In some cases the prosecutor will reduce the charge to strong-armed robbery for purposes of a plea, but there is no guarantee that the prosecutor will do so.  Strong-armed robbery, or common-law robbery, carries 0 to 15 years; there is no mandatory minimum sentence. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption