Is there any way to retract the divorce after it is finalized?

UPDATED: Aug 15, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 15, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is there any way to retract the divorce after it is finalized?

I have been divorced since last month. My wife did not want a divorce and we were divroced based on irreconcilable differences because my “friends” had me convinced she had cheated on me. I found out that those people that told me some stuff about my wife had lied. I have made a mistake.

Asked on August 15, 2012 under Family Law, Mississippi


Thomas Peppler / Hochman and Peppler LLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor


You are no longer married. You may remarry her if she consents in the same manner as when you first married.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption