x girlfriend reported me for driving without a license

UPDATED: Jun 13, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 13, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

x girlfriend reported me for driving without a license

police came to my house and arrested me for driving without a license after my x and i had a argument, i had filed a replenzing act(not sure if that is correct word) the week before to get some of my property back.and she is mad about that and i think she is just trying to get me in trouble, i walked to her house,only half a block so i wasnt driving what can i do?

Asked on June 13, 2009 under Criminal Law, Iowa


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Well, your girlfriend could be in trouble for filing a false police report if you can show/prove you didn't drive.  Then you can probably sue for the damages (attorneys fees, bond fees, court fees, etc).

Call a lawyer immediately.  Try www.attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption