Wrong eye drops in my eye

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Wrong eye drops in my eye

The nurse put the wrong drops in my eye then realized it tried to wash it
out and put the right drops in wish caused blisters due I have a case ? It
happened about 8 months ago

Asked on January 19, 2018 under Malpractice Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Find out the cause of the blurring--i.e. is it linked to the eyedrops?--and the prognosis--will it get better? stay the same? get worse? Then you know if you have a case. Putting the wrong drops in could certainly have been malpractrice, or medical negligence (carelessness); however, the amount of compensation you can receive is related to the extent and duration of your injury. At the same time, malpractice cases can be expensive, because you have to pay for your own medical expert (you can't make the other side pay for it) to read your medical reports/history, examine and test you, and testify in court, and that can cost many hundreds to several thousand dollars--and that's before you consider the cost of the attorney. Blisters, unless they resulted in permanet disfigurement, would not be worth sufficient compensation to justify the cost of a malpractice case. But permanent vision impairment may well be worth suing about. So you need to know better what happened, why, and what the future prognosis will be to understand if you  have a viable or worthwhile case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption