Would a prayer for judgement affect getting into college?

UPDATED: Jul 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Would a prayer for judgement affect getting into college?

I am 16 and I have been charged with stealing. I am an A student and have never committed a crime before, I would like to know if I were granted a prayer for judgement would this affect me getting into college or a job since it does not show up on your record?

Asked on July 11, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, North Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country, criminal matters with respect to minors are sealed as a matter of law. As such, any juvenile criminal matter that you end up getting convicted of would not be subject to public disclosure and no college would know about it unless there is a motion filed with notice to you seeking to unseal your juvenile criminal matter.

I suggest that if you do not have a criminal defense attorney representing you in your matter you consult with one immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption