Wonder if I should be doing something towards the probate process. Havent had any info for 6 mod. Thanks Bob

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Wonder if I should be doing something towards the probate process. Havent had any info for 6 mod. Thanks Bob

Looking for some direction with problems from my fathers will. My father died on 4-2-2017, will lists my sister and I as 50/50 distribution of his assets. Sister is executor of the estate yet does not communicate about anything. House was sold prior to his death and paid all of his bill with cash. Sister hired a probate attorney and I signed a petition for administration from the attorney.
6 months and I havent heard a word. Should I be doing something? Is there a way I can find out if the money has been released. I do not trust my sister, she is that kind of person.

Asked on October 5, 2017 under Estate Planning, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss and for the situation.  It may be in your best interest to hire an attorney on a flat fee basis to inquire as to the status.  But also understand that the Administation is an open proceeding and you can go and view the file in the Probate Court at any time.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption