Will this hurt my law suit

UPDATED: Jul 5, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 5, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will this hurt my law suit

I was injured and i have to have physical therapy for my knee 3 times a week for 4 weeks wich is 90$ a week I need the therapy but i can’t afford it wil this hurt my law suit

Asked on July 5, 2009 under Personal Injury, Virginia


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If you have no health insurance or your own (or auto insurance with medical payments coverage if this was an auto accident), and if your injury resulted from an accident in which someone else was at fault, and you are suing this person, let the physical therapist know that their office will be paid as part of the lawsuit's settlement when the case is over.  If they are willing to wait, you can go ahead with your treatments.  Sometimes you can get the other party's insurance to pay for your medical bills up front.  Ask them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption