Will they hold me if I turned myself in for a misdeanor assault warrant?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will they hold me if I turned myself in for a misdeanor assault warrant?

I got a warrant for my arrest. I want to take care of it but I have no bail and am a mom of 2.

Asked on June 28, 2016 under Criminal Law, Ohio


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

It all depends on the magistrate that arraigns you.  If you have never been in trouble, it is possible for the judge to allow you to be released on your own accord with a promise to appear.  However, until you get there, you won't know.  You need to visit with a criminal defense attorney or bondsman and see if they can help you negotiate a walk through bond.  Either can find out if there is a current bond amount set.  If one is not set, then an attorney can help negotiate the setting of a bond. 
Many people think they have to hire attorney's for full represenation... this is not the case.  You can hire an attorney for the limited purpose of helping you walk through on the charge.  This will reduce the inconvenience and chances of you being arrested while you are in possession of your children.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption