Will they come to my home to arrest me on a bench warrant for a misdemeanor?

UPDATED: Dec 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 29, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will they come to my home to arrest me on a bench warrant for a misdemeanor?

Asked on December 29, 2011 under Criminal Law, New Mexico


Russ Pietryga / Pietryga Law Office

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Depends. In Utah it depends on the jurisdiction. For example, in St. George, a relatively small town, the police will come and arrest you on a bench warrant. They usally like to do this on a Friday so you sit in jail until monday. In Salt Lake City you could go years without any problems.

That said, you should call the court and find out when you can come in and see the judge. Or, you could retain an attorney to file a motion to recall the warrant. Either way, you will get a new court date to appear.

Hope this helps.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption