Will I be extradited from one state to another for misdemeanorVOP and a new misdemeanor charge?

UPDATED: May 31, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 31, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will I be extradited from one state to another for misdemeanorVOP and a new misdemeanor charge?

From NC to NY.

Asked on May 31, 2011 under Criminal Law, New York


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

In theory, I am sure that you probably qualify for extradition under the laws governing same.  In reality, will you be extradited?  Probably not.  You need to have done something really bad for the District Attorney's Office inNew York to start extradition proceedings. I would say like murder or something.  But really do you want to live the rest of your life looking over your shoulder or being fearful of being pulled over for a traffic offense to find out that there is a warrant for your arrest out there?  Why not get the matter cleared up once and for all.  It will effect you the rest of your life.  Get help.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption