will my son has the right to inter my house, when my wife whos name in not on the deed has restrining order on me, and my son has a room in my house a

UPDATED: May 23, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 23, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

will my son has the right to inter my house, when my wife whos name in not on the deed has restrining order on me, and my son has a room in my house a

my son is 18 went to get som of his belonging from his room in my house after my wife had restraining order on me, she acused him of braiking of intery, he has my promition and the house deed just in my name

Asked on May 23, 2009 under Criminal Law, Massachusetts


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

as i understand the question the restraining order is against you and the person who went to the house is your son. If that is the case and the house is legally yours my short answer would be that assuming nothing in the restraining order presents any caveats to your son he would have the right to enter the house if it is in fact where he resides.

If he doesn't reside there he still would probably have permission but this is where it becomes tricky. I advise waiting to see what happens if anything. if she legally pushed charges you will want to get an attorney who can probably handle this in a very short period of time. If she has not pressed charges she may never and there will be nothing to worry about or hire legal counsel o help with

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption