Will my drinking citation affect my out of state deferred prosecution?

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will my drinking citation affect my out of state deferred prosecution?

Last year I was charged with possession of a fake ID where I go to school. I was placed in the deferred prosecution program and told to do 24 hours of community service, pay court fees, and not to have any criminal charges against me within 6 months. However, my court date is not.until roughly 7.5 months after the incident, as I’m an out of state student and could not return during the summer. So, I have not yet proved to the state that I have completed their requirements. Last night, I was giving a minor in possession of alcohol ticket in my home state.

Asked on August 11, 2012 under Criminal Law, Maryland


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It is possible that if you are convicted of the minor in possession charge in the state that you are presently residing that the court system in the state where you go to school may find out about such and deem you in violation of the deferred prosecution program with respect to the fake identification charge. Given the problem that you have, I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney about the situations you are now in.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption