Will my girlfriend be denied entry into the US?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will my girlfriend be denied entry into the US?

My girlfriend is coming from Japan with an ESTA under the VWP. She fears denial because she stated on her ESTA that shes just coming for sightseeing and that she’ll be denied because she is staying for a month. She also believes that because she doesn’t have a job back home, that U.S. custom’s officials will think that she’s trying to stay here and work. Is this any reason for denial?

Asked on January 24, 2018 under Immigration Law, Illinois


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

All of those reasons can be used to deny entry but if she has legitimate basis for staying in the US for 1 month by showing an itinerary of going to different places, etc. and the funds to show that she can afford to do this, then there should not be a reason for a denial.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption