Will my criminal record show my arrest?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will my criminal record show my arrest?

I was arrested and got deferred adjudication. It was a misdemeanor and I got

probation. I completed all my hours and my case for dismissed. When I got

arrested I did not have a social security number, I was undocumented. Then, 3 years

later, I got married and gained permanent residency thought my spouse. I was

then issued a social security number with my married name. It has been 6 years

since my arrest and I want to start looking for better employment. Will my record show the misdemeanor charge if the employer does a background check with my social security number and married name?

Asked on September 27, 2016 under Criminal Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

A deferred adjudiction plea will show up on your record until an order of non-disclosure is requested and entered.  It may only show up on one of your names.... but it will still appear any time an employer does a comprehensive background check.  An order of non-disclosure will prevent future employers (except those associated with the government) from seeing your history.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption