Will charges be dismissed if I pay all restitution?

UPDATED: Jun 22, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 22, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will charges be dismissed if I pay all restitution?

I have violated my probation by not reporting to my PO; the charge is theft by check.

Asked on June 22, 2011 under Criminal Law, Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Okay well the violation of probation is the real issue that we have to deal with here and not the restitution part.  That is because violating probation can result in probation being revoked and you being sentenced to the original charge.  I would strongly suggest that you seek some legal helpin your are about rectifying the matter and going to see your probation officer to set things straight.  There may be a warrant that has already been issued for your arrest.  Violating probation is a very serious offense and it is not taken lightly.  One that is ironed out speak with the attorney about the other issue here.  First things first. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption