who is responibile to fix

UPDATED: May 17, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 17, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

who is responibile to fix

clean water from my home runs through neighboors clogged pipe. they inclosed ditch with pipe too small

Asked on May 17, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Ohio


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I am not totally clear on what you are asking. If the issue is that your water gets to your home through a pipe on your neighbors yard than I assume you have an easement to such a pipe. If it is city water than the city would be responsible for any repairs

If it is private than I think what you need to do is contact a local attorney who specializes in this area of law. The problem is that if the pipe is shared and they also use it they may be responsible for fixing it but only if they so choose to. If they do not decide to you need to contact a local attorney who may be able to advise you as to whether the city you are located in does have any regulations that may benefit you

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption