Who can you live with while on parole?

UPDATED: Sep 17, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 17, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Who can you live with while on parole?

Does it matter if this person has been on probation before?

Asked on September 17, 2011 under Criminal Law, Louisiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you are now on parole for having served the sentence that was imposed upon you and you need to know what the conditions of parole you have as far as living with someone, you need to specifically speak with your parole officer to make sure that your intended new living situation does not violate the terms of your parole.

After you speak with your parole officer about this, you need to receive written confirmation from him or her as to who you can live with so as to not be in violation of the terms of your parole. Specifically get confirmation that the name of the person who you intend to live with is approved for you so as to not be a violation of your parole even if he or she had previously been on probation.

Keep a copy of the confirming correspondence for future reference.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption