What to do if while on vacation 5 months ago at a camping ground, I tripped over a concrete slab in front of the bathroom?

UPDATED: Jan 28, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 28, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if while on vacation 5 months ago at a camping ground, I tripped over a concrete slab in front of the bathroom?

It was at night. I broke my wrist and upon the advice of the campground host went to the local hospital. Before returning home the following day my husband and I stopped at the park’s ranger station to file an accident report but were told they didn’t do that. Ultimately I had to have surgery on my wrist. Then 3 weeks later I was dismissed from my job and am currently receiving unemployment. I am finding it difficult to pay the bills concerning my accident and would like to know if there is any other recourse?

Asked on January 28, 2013 under Personal Injury, New York


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

The park *may* be liable your injuries (including medical costs and possibly loss of income) IF it is the case it was unreasonably careless--or negligent--to have that concrete slab where it was. On the  other hand, if there was nothing unreasonably careless about its placement or design and you simply happened to trip over it, the parrk would not be liable. Speak with a personal injury attorney about the situation, to see if you may have a claim given the facts of this case. Do so quickly if this was a state or federal park: there are strict time limits about filing complaints or claims against government entities.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption