Where to file a complaint towards my ex- spouses parents?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Where to file a complaint towards my ex- spouses parents?

I would like to file a complaint in regards to my ex-parents in-laws I
do not know which court to file the complaint in. My ex’s parents are
in possession of my children’s saving bonds. These bonds were gifts
and they were given to them to hold while my ex-husband and I traveled
with the military. I have asked them through a certified letter to
send the bonds via the mail. I do not have contact with my ex-husband.
What court would be suitable to file?


Asked on May 23, 2016 under Estate Planning, Massachusetts


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You are the plaintiff.  Your ex-in-laws are the defendants.
A lawsuit can be filed in the state where the plaintiff resides or in the state where the defendant resides or in the state where the claim arose.
You can file your lawsuit in Superior Court.  Your state may have a different name for Superior Court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption