Where can I get the adult adoption petition form and the adoption agreement form?

UPDATED: Nov 14, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 14, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Where can I get the adult adoption petition form and the adoption agreement form?

I have looked on-line and called the district court and found no help. In TX.

Asked on November 14, 2011 under Family Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Some states offer online forms for many proceedings.  However, in Texas, that is less often the case.  Most counties will require you to draft your own form.  The requirements of an adult adoption petition are pretty basic and are set out in the Family Code 162.503, which you can find online.  If you can find a child adoption form online, you can modify it to fit the requirements set out in Sec. 162.503.  Another alternative is to hire an attorney to draft the petition and the final order ( so that you know you won't have issues in the future).  Several years ago, most attorneys would not draft documents for you without also representing you in the matter.  However, times have changed because of the economy and more are willing to draft without formal representation, which can make this component much cheaper than it used to be. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption