When can you be denied for Workman’s Compansation?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

When can you be denied for Workman’s Compansation?

I work in a call center where we work with computers all day. My hand and fingers have recently began to hurt, much similar to the pain I experience while having tendonitis in the past. I asked my employer whether my injury would be covered under Workman’s Comp to which they told me I would have to prove the injury happened at work, and even if I could provide such proof,I’ve had tendonitis before so they won’t cover it. Is this legal?

Asked on June 20, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Iowa


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

It would be advisable to see an orthopedist.  If that doctor writes a report that says your injury was caused by your job or prior tendonitis was exacerbated by your job, this will be evidence in support of your workers' compensation claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption