What type of lawyer would be able to help me regarding a business dispute?

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What type of lawyer would be able to help me regarding a business dispute?

I worked for 2 1/2 years for a trucking company when I purchased a truck from them and became a lease operator. The sale price of the truck was $42,000 and I put $9,000 cash down and made all the payments for 2 months. They then confiscated my truck and fired me at their GA terminal. I got pulled over in NV and found out that I had a 13 year old warrant from NM. It was for embezzlement and that is what my lease was cancelled for. I had $16,000 into the truck in the 2 months that I paid. They said they won’t return any of my money. I got a criminal law attorney to get the charges dismissed in NM.

Asked on July 29, 2011 Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written in your facts portion supporting your question is the need for an attorney who has a background in the trucking industry as well as in business operations. You should contact the local county bar association about the situation that you are in. Most county bar associations have a lawyer referral service that gives a person seeking help three or four names of attorneys as well as their telephone numbers practicing law in the area that the person who needs assistance.

Likewise, your state's bar association most likely provides a similar service. Another option. Have you talked to the criminal defense attorney who helped you out about referring you to an attorney who practices civil law in the area that you need help that he or she could recommend?

Good luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption