What type of case should I filed if someone is interfering with my business?

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What type of case should I filed if someone is interfering with my business?

An individual is calling my company with threats to my business if I don’t contract him as a sales person. I have no ties with this person but he has managed to obtain my company’s sales applications. He has altered applications and made promises claiming that he is the owner of my company. I have the altered forms, videos of him with customers, and a written statement that attest this person as the one doing the above mentioned. What is the best way to proceed?

Asked on August 7, 2019 under Business Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You can sue him for tortious, or wrongful, intereference with economic advantage (and possibly also for defamation, if he making untrue but negative or unharmful factual claims or allegations about you or your business to other people). That suit can be brought on an "emergent" (think: "urgent" or "emergency") basis to get into court faster, and you can also seek an "Order to Show Cause" barring him from doing this on a temporary basis while seeking a permanent "injunction" or court order barring him from doing this ever again, and also seek monetary compensation (e.g. if you have lost sales or business). Bring a lawsuit on an emergent basis is more complex than filing a lawsuit along the regular procedure or timeline, and seeking court orders is more complex than seeking only money; you are strongly advised to retain an attorney to help you. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption