What to tell at the visa interviews

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to tell at the visa interviews

I am Dutch, have a Vietnamese girlfriend and I will be working in the States
stating October 1st under an H-1B. My girlfriend will move there too the same
week starting her studies for half a year under an F-1 visa. We will live
together and are ‘kinda’ thinking of marrying around December. She should get an
H-4 after her studies. What do we tell at the visa interview, immigration etc. ?

Asked on May 28, 2017 under Immigration Law, Colorado


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You do not need to disclose anything about your girlfriend or about any intention in the future because those are uncertainties and not relevant to you getting your H-1B.  You are getting a H-1B visa in order to work in the US for the US employer and that is really the essence of it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption